SPID Annual General Meeting and Trustee Election - Saturday, April 7
The SPID Annual General Meeting will be held Saturday, April 7, 2018, at the Fanny Bay Community Hall. Registration opens at 9:00 am and the meeting will start promptly at 10:00 am.
Three positions on the Board of Trustees are open, each for a 3-year term. Please consider standing for a position as a Trustee. These volunteers provide a committed and cost effective resource for managing the water and fire infrastructure in Ships Point.
To qualify as a candidate, one must be:
1. A Canadian Citizen
2. 18 years of age or older and either an owner of land or spouse of an owner of land in
Ships Point Improvement District
3. A resident of the province for the previous six months as required in the Elections Act
4. Entitled to be registered as a voter under the B.C. Elections Act
Anyone wishing to submit his or her name as Trustee candidate should do so by nomination form or letter to the Returning Officer c/o 7729 Vivian Way, Fanny Bay, BC V0R1W0 prior to the AGM. Nominations will also be taken from the floor. Nomination forms are available at the SPID office or can be downloaded here: http://www.spid.ca/CMSHome/ TrusteeNominationForm.pdf
Ships Point Chipping Day - Saturday, April 14
Ships Point Volunteer Fire Fighters Association will hold a Chipping Day for Ships Point residents on Saturday, April 14, 2018. Yard waste will be chipped at the roadside if it fits the following criteria:
- clean brush only, branches 1/2” to 4” in diameter, no smaller or larger, foliage does not
- need to be removed
no raked material, to avoid stones injuring the crew or damaging the machinery (raked
- material can be composted)
- no blackberry stalks
stack material parallel to the street, butt ends facing the same direction Chips can be kept by the resident or will be hauled away.
If you are interested in having your yard waste chipped on April 14, please contact Barb at email@example.com or 778-427-6020, with the following information:
- your name
- phone number in case we need to contact you
- whether you want to keep the chips or have them hauled away
All donations to the SPVFA appreciated. See you at the roadside!